We plan to purchase and install solar energy for our two sites in order to: (1) free up resources for patient care, (2) contribute to a cleaner environment, and (3) improve the health of our community.
Through a combination of grants, matches, loans, and donations, Maple City Health Care Center will purchase solar panels to help meet our power needs.
A group of friends of Maple City Health Care Center has generously offered financing for roughly two thirds of the cost of solar panels for our sites (Phases One and Two).
- First 7 – 10 years, energy cost savings will equal the initial installation cost
- Next 10 – 20 years, energy cost savings of $18,000 to $28,000 per year
- Like an endowment, the initial investment will help sustain healthcare for vulnerable people in Goshen for many years
Social and Environmental Benefits:
- Provide a positive example for other institutions and households to follow
- Decrease the particulate emissions from coal and natural gas – emissions which cause lung cancer, asthma, and heart disease
- Bolster Maple City’s image and attract new donors and grantors
- Generate local economic activity and jobs
- Help reduce climate change
We invite you to help with a donation. Any amount helps, but here are some suggestions:
- Make a $20 donation (200 people donating $20 = $4,000)
- Make a $100 donation (100 people donating $100 = $10,000)
- Make a $1,000 donation (16 people donating $1,000 = $16,000)
- Total = $30,000
Help us improve community health and affordable access to quality care for the next generation of our neighbors in Goshen
If you prefer to donate using a check, you may mail your gift to: Solar Project, Maple City Health Care Center, 213 Middlebury Street, Goshen IN 46528.
|Expenses – Phase One|
|Cost of solar infrastructure and enough solar panels to generate 60% of current electricity usage.||$150,000|
|Resource – Phase One|
|Financing from group of friends||$120,000|
|Total donations needed for Phase One||$30,000|
|Expenses – Phase Two|
|Cost of (1) added solar panels to generate 80% of current usage and (2) equipment changes for improved efficiency to eliminate 20% of current usage.||$40,000|
Choose Your Own Amount
Click the green MAKE A DONATION button to the right of the picture at the top of the page
|Campaign Backers||Laramie, WY||December 12, 2018|